Saturday 8 January 2011

New metagems on the way!

You have too much competition for cut metagems on your server?
Blizzard has decided to introduce some new rare recipes for metagems... They're not live yet, but you can find about them in the 4.0.6 PTR  Notes :

  • Agile Shadowspirit Diamond (Agility/3% critical damage)
  • Reverberating Shadowspirit Diamond (Strength/3% critical damage)
  • Burning Shadowspirit Diamond (Intellect/3% critical damage). 

The new meta gems have a requirement of 3 red gems equipped, so they won't force anyone to buy gems they wouldn't buy. These new recipes are unbound and can drop from any Cataclysm creature, so when they'll go live you may want to check the AH for some good deals... We don't know how rare these recipes will be, but since design are now selling for just some hundred golds you could be lucky and find one at a similar price: lots of people don't really check the value of something before posting if on the AH.
Flipping these designs when they hit the AH at a low price could be a good way of making money from this change even if you aren't a JC.

Talking about metagems, it seems that the requirements for the [Chaotic Shadowspirit Diamond] will change: they'll just need 3 red gems equipped, for the joy of lot of people out there. As you can see from the tooltip (if you didn't knew it already) they require right now more blue gems than red gems equipped... A think that most people using this metagem hate. I'm quite sure that when this change goes live, there will be plenty of players buying new gems to dump the blue and green gems they were forced to use. My advice? We have some time to prepare to this, so you should try to get some good DPS recipes for red/orange gems.

What cut gems are you selling now?

2 comments:

  1. Haha, I just did a write up for this too. I am quite excited for these changes and all the gold it'll hopefully bring. Prospecting -> Transmute -> Metas has probably been my best seller, and it should only increase with these. I am prepared to drop a ton of gold on a recipe if I can't find one first. I would love to be one of the first people in this market.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm going to read your post now :-)
    I wish meta were selling well on my server -.- sadly there is too much competition, but I hope this new rare recipes will mitigate the problem. I've 60+ shadowspirit diamond I'm trying to sell, cutting some of these could be great!

    ReplyDelete